Wailua Outrigger Canoe Club fills a much needed void for outdoor, on the water fitness focused sport activities in Kamloops.
Programs are offered for all levels. By joining the Wailua Outrigger you can participate anywhere from a recreational or novice level right up to international competition.
All equipment (outrigger canoes) are provided by the club & included in your membership fees. Paddles and lifejackets are available for use initially but members are encouraged to purchase their own when they are ready to paddle more regularly. The fleet of canoes includes two and six person outrigger canoes.
If you would like to give it a try, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The paddling season runs from April to the end of September.
how to join
Join us for a paddle and fill out our Membership forms (provided below or at the compound) with a cheque (payable to "Wailua Outrigger").
NEW ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT: Available through Zone4 starting April 1st. See link below
Membership (all prices include membership to Cora/insurance)
- $190.00 Early Bird paid by April 30th
- $220.00 Annual fees after May 1st
- $20.00 Discount on above fees for Dual Clubs Memberships - for paddlers who are also members of:
- Thompson River Interior Paddlers
- Kamloops Dragon Boat Club
- Kamloops Canoe and Kayak Club
- Kamloops Interior Dragons (KIDS)
- Kamloops Rowing Club
- The Spirit Warrior Dragon Boat Team
- $170 Students and Seniors 60+ ($20 discount)
- $75 for a Punch Card good for 10 paddles
Board of Directors for the Society
Wade Turner - President
John Piggin - Vice President
Candice Fleming - Treasurer
Lisa Mitchell - Secretary
Randy Brooks, Carlos Hinkson, Sandra Hlina, Mel Pike – Directors at Large
Anne Nicolson – Past President